Why Choose Chevron?
- Ireland’s most competitively priced online courses
- Study anywhere, anytime
- No hidden costs – 100% transparency on course fees
- Flexible easy pay instalment plans available to all learners
- Highly qualified & accessible full time in-house tutors
- Individual modules are available from €295
- Rapid Garda vetting service provided
- Start course as soon as enrolment is completed
Total price for 2 modules is €395
- or easy pay instalments of 2 x €197.50
QQI Level 5 Care Skills & Care of the Elderly Course Online
- QQI accredited course
- Distance learning course
- Theory is 100% online
- You will be assigned a highly qualified full time in-house tutor, whom you can contact through phone or email
- Additional support on our online forum
- 20 hours of work experience per module required, in total 40 hours for the Care Skills & Care of the Elderly combined course
- You are required to find your own work placement
- Rapid Garda vetting and work placement insurance service provided at no extra cost
- No exams; assessment through work-based assignments, projects, skills demonstrations and learner records
- After successfully completing this course, you will be qualified to work as a healthcare assistant in an HSE registered healthcare setting
You will be issued with a username and password which allows you to log-in to your course anywhere you have an internet connection and at any time. This allows you to complete the course at a time and pace that suits your individual needs. You will have access to the course materials plus support documents and useful links and video clips. All course materials can be printed if you prefer a paper copy. In addition, you will have access to tutor support though phone, email and via an online forum.
The purpose of the QQI Care Skills & Care of the Elderly combined course is to equip you with the skills, knowledge and competence required to work under supervision and independently in a range of Healthcare settings and/or to progress to higher education and training.
No particular skills, knowledge or competence will be required of you for successful completion of this course, however you will be expected to have a minimum of Level 4 Certificate standard of education or equivalent together with a strong interest in the provision of quality care. It is essential that you have competence in written and spoken English, along with computer literacy skills.
The course will cater for a variety of adult learners ranging from school leavers with no previous experience in the healthcare sector to more mature adults with relevant life or work experience. Some of the latter will have previously had some education and training in healthcare. More mature adults will frequently be seeking new career opportunities, be working in the home or currently working in the healthcare sector. These will tend to opt for the part-time learning route to achieving the award. The course will be open to both male and female learners, although male participants will be in the minority.
Continuous assessment including work-based assignments, projects, skills demonstrations and learner records.
In compliance with Qualifications and Quality Assurance (Education and Training) Act 2012 Part 6, where Chevron Training and Recruitment Ltd. offers training programmes of 3 months duration or more, Learner Protection cover is in place via bank bond, should Chevron Training & Development Ltd cease to provide QQI programmes before learners have completed awards.