Start Date: January 2019
|January 2019||July 2019|| |
|September 2019||July 2020|| |
|September 2020||July 2021|| |
|September 2021||July 2022|| |
Year 1 modules:
- Understanding Health and Social Care within an Irish context
- Research and study skills for the social care professional
Why Choose Chevron?
- Ireland’s most competitively priced online courses
- Study anywhere, anytime – 100% online
- No hidden costs – 100% transparency on course fees
- Flexible easy pay instalment plans available to all learners
- BSc (Hons) Health & Social Care degree awarded by the University of Sunderland
- Highly qualified & accessible full time in-house tutors
- Complete degree within 4 years
- Read more about our degree here!
Deadline to Enrol is 27th January
- *subject to final approval
Cost for the BSc (Hons) Health & Social Care degree:
Total Course Fee
Discount if paid in full
Instalment plans available:
€225 for 10 months
€233.33 for 12 months
BSc (Hons) Health & Social Care Degree Online
- Distance learning course – 100% online
- You will be assigned a highly qualified full time in-house tutor, whom you can contact through phone or email
- Additional support on our online forum
Chevron Training’s Online BSc (Hons) Health & Social Care degree is completed through our online interactive learning management system.
As our learner, you will be issued with an email to create your own password to access your degree. All materials such as course notes, supplementary reading documentation, online videos, and assignment briefs are contained in folders within each module. Each module has a site structured around a sequence of weekly topics. Each topic contains a lecture, typically a series of slides and accompanying audio recording, supported by guidance on key learning outcomes, self-assessment questions, and links to core and additional readings and other resources. You will also have access to our online student community and discussion forums to foster communication with our other students to discuss and resolve issues related to your studies.
Chevron Training’s BSc (Hons) Health & Social Care degree is offered in collaboration with the University of Sunderland.
The strengths of the BSc (Hons) Health and Social Care degree programme lie in the way in which academic theory and real life practice are integrated to provide a solid foundation for a career in the world of Health and Social Care.
Chevron recently featured in the QAA review of partnerships between Irish and UK universities, being credited for its student supports and commitment to quality delivery.
One of the aims of the programme is to provide opportunities for students to develop independent study skills, so that by the end of the programme they may become autonomous learners, though students are not expected to achieve this alone.
Graduates from the programme will have a variety of career paths open to them, such as Health Service management, social work, teaching, palliative care, nursing, drug and alcohol work, community and youth work, mental health and counselling work, working in caring for the elderly, with children, and with those with special educational needs.
Chevron Training has a long history of working with other educational institutions, helping to provide learners with the highest quality and most up to date training programmes.
BSc (Hons) Health & Social Care awarded by the University of Sunderland
2 modules have exams, all the rest of the modules are assessments through assignments.
At Chevron Training we are committed to the ongoing needs of our students and provide the following support structures to assist students following course completion:
- 24 hour guaranteed turnaround email response to any queries in relation to online course content
- Free access to e-library
- Recommended reading uploaded on online platform
- Feedback available on all assignment and project work prior to submission
- No set study hours – study at a time that suits you and your lifestyle
- Discussion forum – to engage with other learners
- Phone support is also available from our highly qualified tutors
- Online interaction with the other online learners
- Lines open Monday to Sunday 24/7
Number of Modules
- Monthly instalment plans available
- Tax relief available, subject to Revenue rules. You may claim receive relief at the standard rate of tax, which is 20%. This is applied to the total qualifying fees.
Exit awards while you study for your BSc (Hons) degree
Each module is worth 20 credits, with 120 credits required to pass each stage.
You will have the opportunity to receive exit awards during the course of your studies, on completion of the appropriate modules in each stage:
- Stage One: HE Certificate in Health & Social Care
- Understanding Health and Social Care – Ireland and a global view
- Independent Learning and Professional Skills in Social Sciences
- Understanding Social Problems
- Dimensions of Health & Social Care
- Practical Research Skills in the Social Sciences
- Exploring Psycho-Social Theory
- Stage Two: HE Diploma in Health & Social Care
- Working Together to Safeguard Vulnerable Children, Young People and Families
- Quantitative Research Methods in the Social Sciences
- Understanding Health Improvement and Healthy Lifestyles
- Early Life Course Approaches in Health and Social Care
- Counselling Approaches in Practice Settings (optional module)
- Sex, Families and the Construction of Personal Lives (optional module)
- Medicalisation, Normality and the Body (optional module)
- Health and Social Care is a diverse field, with opportunities to specialise in areas such as young people, mental health, elderly care, or drug and alcohol abuse support.
- Health and Social Care graduates work in the HSE, care providers, charities, and voluntary sector health agencies.
- Further study is also a popular option, with some graduates choosing to pursue taught Masters courses e.g. to become fully qualified social workers.