4 Modules in 1 Year (Sept 2018 - June 2019)
Why Choose Chevron?
- Ireland’s most competitively priced online Childcare Degree
- Study anywhere, anytime – 100% online
- No hidden costs – 100% transparency on course fees
- Flexible easy pay instalment plans available to all learners
- Highly qualified & accessible full time in-house tutors
- DCYA approved programme for higher capitation grant
- BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies awarded by University of East London (U.E.L)
- Complete degree within 1 year
Easy pay instalments from €390 per month
Top Up Level 7 Childcare Degree
Chevron Training’s ‘Top Up’ course available to learners who have achieved a Level 7 degree in Childcare, is completed through our online interactive learning management system.
As our learner, you will be issued with your own password and username in order to access your course at your own convenience. All materials such as course notes, supplementary reading documentation, online videos, and assignment briefs are contained in folders within each module. Each module has a site structured around a sequence of weekly topics. Each topic contains a lecture, typically a series of slides and accompanying audio recording, supported by guidance on key learning outcomes, self-assessment questions, and links to core and additional readings and other resources. You will also have access to our online student community and discussion forums to foster communication with our other students to discuss and resolve issues related to your studies.
Chevron Training’s BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies is offered in collaboration with the University of East London. The ‘Top Up’ course is available to learners who have achieved a Level 7 degree in Childcare.
The course requires you to complete 4 modules of 30 credits each to achieve the BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies. The purpose of this course is to provide you with the knowledge to evaluate childhood from a range of different critical perspectives and to explore the factors that influence the childhood experience. By examining issues such as health, early years’ legislation and global inequalities in childhood, you will appreciate the impact which these factors can have on a child’s development.
The course has been mapped to the QAA Early Childhood Studies Benchmark Statements. Therefore the overall course aims and learning outcomes are to:
- Gain knowledge, understanding and a critical appreciation of early childhood studies
- Understand the development, needs and experience of young children, and the services which support them
- Achieve a foundation for employment, professional and further academic study in the early years domain
- Become a skillful and adaptable graduate
- Be part of University of East London’s commitment to widening access to higher education
Learners must hold one of the Level 7 awards below:
|1||BA Early Childhood Education and Care||Carlow IT|
|2||BA Applied Early Childhood Studies||Dundalk IT|
|3||BA Early Childhood Care and Education||IT Blanchardstown|
|4||BA Early Childhood Education and Care||Galway-Mayo IT|
|5||BA Early Childhood Care and Education||IT Tralee|
|6||BA Early Childhood Practice||IT Tralee & University of Limerick|
|7||BA Early Childhood Education||National College of Ireland|
BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies
All of the assessments are project based assignments
At Chevron Training we are committed to the ongoing needs of our students and provide the following support structures to assist students following course completion:
- 24 hour guaranteed turnaround email response to any queries in relation to online course content
- Free access to e-library
- Recommended reading uploaded on online platform
- Feedback available on all assignment and project work prior to submission
- No set study hours – study at a time that suits you and your lifestyle
- Discussion forum – to engage with other learners
- Phone support also available by of our highly qualified tutors
- Online interaction with the other online learners
- UEL student card issued
- No examinations – all project and assignment based assessment
- Lines open Monday to Sunday 24/7
€3900 for year one (including €500 booking fee)
Graduates of the Early Childhood Studies Degree undertake a variety of career paths in the education, health and social-care fields. There is a current need for well-trained graduates who can quickly move up to more senior roles in childcare centres and other early childhood care and education settings. Holders of this award will also be eligible to gain the higher capitation grant from the DCYA (€75 from September 2016) for their role in an early childhood centre. Some students go on to specialise in a particular area such as Special Educational Needs, while others go on to take up advisory posts in local authorities or government departments. Students may continue their professional studies to Masters level.