Online* MBA Healthcare Management*
Chevron Training is launching an Online* MBA Healthcare Management in January 2021. This 2 year part time programme is designed for ambitious healthcare professionals looking to progress further in healthcare management and who want to develop their skillset in the healthcare environment.
Acquire key skills and knowledge
Our comprehensive blended programme covers all major business disciplines required for healthcare professionals which will help you develop both practical and theoretical business skill sets. You will also develop a deep understanding of skills which include:
- Conceptualising leadership in the healthcare sector
- Healthcare-specific leadership
- Effective performance management
- Professional practice and strategic implementation in healthcare
- Communication skills
- Creative change and innovation
There are 6 core MBA modules (90 credits) plus two Health Management subject specific modules (30 credits). The eight-module framework is then followed by a final 60 credits, comprised of two 15 and one 30 credit research and dissertation modules.
|Module Title||FHEQ Level*||Indicative Assessment Points|
|Conceptualising Leadership in Healthcare||7||Mid point & end point|
|Professional Practice and Strategy implementation in the context of Health Management||7||Mid point & end point|
|Creative Change & Innovation||7||Mid point & end point|
|Implementing Strategies||7||Mid point & end point|
|Finance Insights & Business Intelligence||7||Mid point & end point|
|HRM in Context||7||Mid point & end point|
|Emphasising the Environment||7||Mid point & end point|
|Integrated Communications||7||Mid point & end point|
|Research Methods||7||Mid point & end point|
|Literature Review||7||Mid point & end point|
*FHEQ Level 7 is comparable to level 9 of the Irish National Framework of Qualifications.
The PG Certificate Business Administration is an exit award available for a student who has completed 60 credits. The PG Diploma Business Administration is an exit award available for students who have completed 120 credits.
How distance learning works
Chevron is committed to the delivery of a high-quality learning experience through blended learning. Our approach combines the flexibility of learning online*, with classroom-based support and instruction, drawing on the strengths of each learning space. We have considerable expertise in flexible study and our online interactive learning management system is designed to enable you to study at your own pace.
All materials such as course notes, supplementary reading documentation, online videos, and assignment briefs are contained in folders within each module. You will also have access to our online student community, webinars, and discussion forums to foster communication with our other students to discuss and resolve issues related to your studies.
Online delivery is supported by an induction day at the beginning of the programme one classroom session per module, each semester. (Please note that during the Covid-19 pandemic, induction and classroom sessions will be delivered virtually, in line with current health guidelines.)
Introduction to the MBA Healthcare Management
Our Masters in Business Administration is offered in collaboration with Wrexham Glyndwr University. Delivering education since 1887, the University has been awarded a silver rating for teaching excellence by the Teaching Excellence Framework. The MBA is industry-led and career-centric, thanks to strong relationships with major employers who contribute to programme content and have helped to shape an MBA that is built for career enhancement across a wide range of industries.
Chevron recently featured in the QAA review of partnerships between Irish and UK universities, being credited for its student supports and commitment to quality delivery. Our blended learning courses are designed to follow the guidance and benchmarks set by the European Association of Distance Learning Universities (EADTU).
At Chevron Training we pride ourselves on our continued commitment to all our students and offer unrivalled support including:
- Highly qualified tutors with industry experience
- Induction Day to help you get started. All relevant course modules and webinar schedules are released to students during this session.
- 24-hour guaranteed turnaround email response to any queries in relation to online course content
- Free access to e-library
- No set study hours – study at a time that suits you and your lifestyle
- Discussion forum – to engage with other learners
- Phone support is also available from our highly qualified tutors
- No examinations – all project and assignment-based assessment
- Feedback available on assignment and project work prior to submission
- Lines open Monday to Sunday 24/7
- All our students should have completed an undergraduate degree or should be about to complete one in any subject with a minimum grade of 2:2 (or equivalent qualification).
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience is required.
- If English isn’t your first language, students may be required to provide evidence of their English proficiency. We accept IELTS at 6.0 overall with no individual component below 5.5, or equivalent.
Delivery options & Fees
Our course fee is €7,500 and requires a €500 deposit and is payable in 22 monthly instalments of €318 each.
Students may also wish to pay €7,000 in one single payment saving €500 in the process.
A Masters of Business Administration (MBA) Healthcare Management will be awarded by Wrexham Glyndwr University upon completion.
*this programme is a blend of classroom and online with each module having at least one classroom day which takes place in the Killeshin hotel, portlaoise