Start Date: January 2018
- Term 1: January 2018 – June 2018 2 modules
- Term 2: September 2018 – June 2019 4 modules
Why Choose Chevron?
- Ireland’s most competitively priced online Childcare Degree Programme
- Study anywhere, anytime – 100% online
- No hidden costs – 100% transparency on course fees
- Flexible easy pay instalment plans available to all learners
- Highly qualified & accessible full time in-house tutors
- DCYA approved programme for higher capitation grant
- BA (Hons) in Early Childhood Studies awarded by University of East London (U.E.L)
- Complete programme within 2 years
- Complete 6 modules (30 credits each) to achieve your BA
Deadline to enrol is 22nd of October 2017
- to Start BA Degree in January 2018
When Paid in Full
First instalment of €250 & then:
Term 1 (52 weeks/12 months)
Term 2 (65 weeks/15 months)
|*Finance provided by Central Bank of Ireland regulated provider. Either a weekly or monthly repayment option available
BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies Online
Chevron Training’s Online BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies programme is completed through our online interactive learning management system. Once enrolled learners will be issued with an email to create their own password in order to access their course. All materials such as course notes, supplementary reading documentation, online videos, and assignment briefs are contained in folders within each module. Each module has a site structured around a sequence of weekly topics. Each topic contains a lecture, typically a series of slides and accompanying audio recording, supported by guidance on key learning outcomes, self-assessment questions, and links to core and additional readings and other resources. Learners will also have access to our online student community and to discussion forums to foster communication with our other students to discuss and resolve issues related to their studies.
Chevron Training’s BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies is offered in collaboration with the University of East London. The programme is available to learners who have achieved a pass mark or higher in the QQI level 6 Early Care and Education course. The programme requires learners to complete 6 modules of 30 credits each to achieve the BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies. The purpose of this Honours Degree programme is to provide you with the knowledge to evaluate childhood from a range of different critical perspectives and to explore the factors that influence the childhood experience. By examining issues such as health, early years’ legislation and global inequalities in childhood, you will appreciate the impact which these factors can have on a child’s development.
Our BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies degree is recognised and approved by DCYA for Higher Capitation. See page 27 of this document.
The programme is designed as an articulation pathway from the QQI level 6 in Early Childhood Care and Education and this articulation has been mapped to the QAA Early Childhood Studies Benchmark Statements. Therefore the overall programme aims and learning outcomes are to:
• Gain knowledge, understanding and a critical appreciation of early childhood studies
• Understand the development, needs and experience of young children, and the services which support them;
• Achieve a foundation for employment, professional and further academic study in the early years domain;
• Become a skillful and adaptable graduate.
• Be part of University of East London’s commitment to widening access to higher education
Learners must hold a QQI Level 6 Major award in Early Childhood Care and Education or FETAC Level 6 Advance Supervision. Learners are also required to have either primary or secondary education completed via English, alternatively a score of 6.0 is required in the IELTS academic exam (this is an English proficiency assessment).
BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies
All of the assessments are project based assignments
At Chevron Training we are committed to the ongoing needs of our students and provide the following support structures to assist students following course completion:
- 24 hour guaranteed turnaround email response to any queries in relation to online course content
- Free access to e-library
- Recommended reading uploaded on online platform
- Feedback available on all assignment and project work prior to submission
- No set study hours – study at a time that suits you and your lifestyle
- Discussion forum – to engage with other learners
- Phone support is also available from our highly qualified tutors
- Online interaction with the other online learners
- UEL student card issued
- No examinations – all project and assignment based assessment
- Lines open Monday to Sunday 24/7
3 year version:
€2800 per year * 3 years
2 year version:
€2800 for year one
€4500 for year two
Note that Year Two of the 2 year version would require full time study hours. However, a decision on 2 year or 3 years option isn’t required until after completion of Year One.
Graduates of the Early Childhood Studies Degree undertake a variety of career paths in the education, health and social-care fields. There is a current need for well-trained graduates who can quickly move up to more senior roles in Child Care Centres and other early childhood care and education settings. Holders of this award will also be eligible to gain the higher capitation grant from the DCYA (€75 from September 2016) for their role in an early childhood centre. Some students go on to specialise in a particular area such as Special Educational Needs, while others go on to take up advisory posts in local authorities or government departments. Students may continue their professional studies to Masters level.