The QQI Level 5 Nutrition course is designed to provide the learner with knowledge of the composition of food and an understanding of how food affects an individual’s personal well-being.
Learners who successfully complete this module will:
- Be familiar with the composition of food
- Evaluate the nutritional content of food
- Understand the relationship between health and nutrition
- Interpret current dietary information and recommendations
- Examine eating habits
- Be familiar with the nutritional needs of different groups of people
- Acquire a range of practical techniques.
The specific learning outcomes are grouped into 4 units:
- Composition of Food
- Nutrition and Health
- Nutrition and Exercise
- Food Labelling
The internal assessor will devise a theory-based examination that assesses candidates’ ability to recall and apply theory and understanding, requiring responses to a range of question types, short answer and structured. These questions may be answered in different media such as in writing or orally.
The examination will be based on a range of specific learning outcomes and will be 2 hours in duration.