how to enrol
how to enrol
Enrolment & payment are completed over the phone, you can give us a call at 01 6855 300 (24/7) or you can request a call back at a time that suits you!
QQI Level 5 Activities of Living Patient Care Course
Chevron Training is now offering a certified QQI Level 5 Activities of Living Patient Care course. This online course, which will lead to Activities of Living Patient Care QQI Award (Component) Level 5 – further education and training will provide learners with the knowledge, skills and competence to coordinate activities in a variety of healthcare settings. This course is aimed at learners who wish to fulfil the role of Activities Coordinator.
The QQI Level 5 Activities of Living Patient Care course is delivered by a subject matter expert who is vastly experienced in the healthcare domain and in the delivery of training courses in this subject area.
The purpose of the QQI Level 5 Activities of Living Patient Care course is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to provide holistic care for older people in a variety of care settings working under the direction and supervision of nursing and or midwifery staff.
No particular skills, knowledge or competence will be required of the learner for successful completion of the programme but learners will be expected to have a minimum of Level 4 Certificate standard of education or equivalent together with a strong interest in the provision of quality care. It is essential that learners have competence in written and spoken English, along with computer literacy skills.
Who Should Attend?
The programme will cater healthcare assistants looking to gain a knowledge in the area of activities for living patient care.
Activities of living patient care QQI level 5 minor award (5N3707).
Continuous assessment including project and skills demonstrations.
Learners are required to obtain a minimum of 20 hours work experience during the course and are expected to carry out some of the assignments in the workplace.
Healthcare Assistant; Progression to further education.
Progression To Further Studies
- This programme leads to a level 5 minor award on the National Framework of Qualifications
- Learners can progress to full major award at level 5 on the National Framework of Qualifications
- Learners can progress to relevant level 6 programs on the National Framework of Qualifications
- Project 40%
- Skills Demonstration 60%
- Discuss a range of work practices in the provision of individualised holistic care for clients to include knowledge of the factors influencing the activities of living
- Analyse the activities of living to include the five main concepts of the model of living and the role of a healthcare assistant in utilising the activities of living
- Summarise the principles of maintaining a safe and hygienic environment to include knowledge of infection, accident , fire and problems with sensory deprivation
- Implement a range of tasks carried out when caring for a patient in a safe environment to include effective communication skills
- Employ the skills of a healthcare assistant in providing care for patients to include an awareness of the importance of nutrition, elimination, fluid balance, weight reporting and correct technique for catheter bag use
- Practise skills involved in pressure area care, personal hygiene, foot care, patient temperature, mobilisation and urinalysis
- Demonstrate competence in a range of care techniques to include observations, manual and electronic counting, recording and reporting of pulse rate, breathing habit and blood pressure
- Work independently and as part of a healthcare team to respond appropriately to the needs of a client in a care setting
Protection For Learners
In compliance with Section 43 of the Qualifications (Education and Training) Act 1999, where Chevron Training and Recruitment Ltd. offers training programmes of 3 months duration or more, Learner Protection cover is in place via bank bond, should Chevron Training & Development Ltd cease to provide QQI programmes before learners have completed awards.