Online QQI L5 Healthcare Course
- Communications (5N0690)
- Work Experience (5N1356)
- Care Skills (5N2770)
- Care Support (5N0758)
- Safety & Health at Work (Exam) (5N1794)
Electives (Learners must complete 3 of the 6 electives)
Why Choose Chevron?
- Ireland’s most competitively priced online courses
- Study anywhere, anytime
- No hidden costs – 100% transparency on course fees
- Flexible easy pay instalment plans available to all learners
- Highly qualified & accessible full time in-house tutors
- Individual modules are available from €295
- Rapid Garda vetting service provided
- The following 4 modules: Safety & health at Work, Nutrition, Social Studies & Infection Prevention & Control require students to attend classroom-based exams
- Exams take place in Dublin, Cork or Galway
- Start course as soon as enrolment is completed
Total price for 8 modules is €895*
- or easy pay instalments of 6 x €199
QQI Level 5 Healthcare Course Online
The Care Skills, Care Support, Communications, Social Studies, Safety & Health at Work and Work Experience modules will equip you with the knowledge and skills to fulfil the responsibility of a healthcare assistant in the Healthcare environment.
As new Government regulations stipulate that a QQI Level 5 Healthcare qualification is the minimum requirement for an individual to work within the Healthcare sector, Chevron Training’s suite of online Healthcare modules will enable you to satisfy this requirement and avail of the employment opportunities that exist within the Healthcare sector.
Please note that it is your responsibility to secure any work placements that is required to successfully complete this healthcare course.
The Online QQI Level 5 Healthcare course is available as a distance learning course. Please note IT skills and internet access are required to complete a course by distance learning.
- QQI accredited course
- Distance learning course
- You will be assigned a highly qualified full time in-house tutor, whom you can contact through phone or email
- Additional support on our online forum
- 20 hours of work experience per module required, in total a minimum of 150 hours for this major award
- You are required to find your own work placement
- Rapid Garda vetting and work placement insurance service provided at no extra cost
- At least one exam based (mandatory) module; Other modules are continuous assessment through work-based assignments, projects, skills demonstrations and learner records
- After successfully completing this course, you will be qualified to work as a healthcare assistant, carer and care worker in an HSE registered healthcare setting
You will be issued with a username and password which allows you to log-in to your course anywhere you have an internet connection and at any time. This allows you to complete the course at a time and pace that suits your individual needs. You will have access to the course materials plus support documents and useful links and video clips. All course materials can be printed if you prefer a paper copy. In addition, you will have access to tutor support through phone, email and via an online forum.
The purpose of this course is to equip you with the skills, knowledge and competence required to work under supervision and independently in a range of healthcare settings and/or to progress to higher education and training.
No particular skills, knowledge or competence will be required of you for successful completion of this course, however you will be expected to have a minimum of Level 4 Certificate standard of education or equivalent together with a strong interest in the provision of quality care. It is essential that you have competence in written and spoken English, along with computer literacy skills.
This course will cater for a variety of adult learners ranging from school leavers with no previous experience in the healthcare sector to more mature adults with relevant life or work experience. Some of the latter will have previously had some education and training in healthcare. More mature adults will frequently be seeking new career opportunities, be working in the home or currently working in the healthcare sector. These will tend to opt for the part-time learning route to achieving the award. The course will be open to both male and female learners, although male participants will be in the minority.
Healthcare Support QQI Award (Major) Level 5 – 5M4339
Continuous assessment 100%
You are required to obtain a minimum of 150 hours work experience during the course and are expected to carry out some of the assignments in the workplace.
It is possible to gain exemptions from certain components of the course. If you already hold a QQI, or any Childcare/Healthcare Award, please contact us for details and we will advise you of available exemptions.
After successfully completing this course, you will be qualified to work as a healthcare assistant, carer and care worker in an HSE registered healthcare setting. You will also be qualified to progress to further education.
- This course leads to a level 5 award on the National Framework of Qualifications
- You can progress to relevant level 6 courses on the National Framework of Qualifications
In compliance with Qualifications and Quality Assurance (Education and Training) Act 2012 Part 6, where Chevron Training and Recruitment Ltd. offers training programmes of 3 months duration or more, Learner Protection cover is in place via bank bond, should Chevron Training & Development Ltd cease to provide QQI programmes before learners have completed awards.
* This price does not apply to funding applicants.