QQI Level 5 Healthcare Course
- Communications (5N0690)
- Work Experience (5N1356)
- Care Skills (5N2770)
- Care Support (5N0758)
- Safety & Health at Work (Exam) (5N1794)
Electives (Learners must complete 3 of the 6 electives)
- Social Studies (Exam) (5N1370)
- Care of the Elderly (5N2706)
- Nutrition (Exam) (5N2006)
- Recovery Mental Health (5N3773)
- Activities of Living Patient Care (5N3707)
- Infection Prevention & Control (Exam) (5N3734)
- Intellectual Disabilities (5N1652)
- Palliative Care (5N3769)
Why Choose Chevron?
- Ireland’s most competitively priced online Healthcare courses
- 100% online course, no attendance
- Each module can be completed online in a matter of weeks
- Learners will have unlimited access to each module online
- Individual modules are also available from €295
- Learners will receive a Healthcare Support QQI Award (Major) Level 5 – further education and training
- No registration or exam fees
- The following 4 modules: Safety & health at Work, Nutrition, Social Studies & Infection Prevention & Control require students to attend classroom-based exams
- Exams take place in Dublin, Cork or Galway
- Access a free course demo today
- Garda vetting service is available
Total price for 8 modules is €895*
- or easy pay instalments of 6 x €199
QQI Level 5 Healthcare Course
The Care Skills, Care Support, Communications, Social Studies, Safety & Health at Work and Work Experience will equip learners with the knowledge and skills to fulfil the responsibility of a healthcare assistant in the Healthcare environment.
As new Government regulations stipulate that a QQI Level 5 Healthcare qualification is the minimum requirement for an individual to work within the Healthcare sector, Chevron Training’s suite of Healthcare modules will enable participants to satisfy this requirement and avail of the employment opportunities that exist within the Healthcare sector.
Please note that it is the learners responsibility to secure any work placements that is required to successfully complete a course.
The QQI Level 5 Healthcare course is available as a distance learning course. Please note IT skills and internet access are required to complete a course by distance learning.
You will be issued with a username and password which allows you to log-in to your course anywhere you have an internet connection and at any time. This allows you to complete the course at a time and pace that suits your individual needs. You will have access to the course materials plus support documents and useful links and video clips. All course materials can be printed if you prefer a paper copy. In addition, you will have access to tutor support via an online forum.
The purpose of this programme is to equip the learner with the skill, knowledge and competence required to work under supervision and independently in a range of healthcare settings and/or to progress to higher education and training.
No particular skills, knowledge or competence will be required of the learner for successful completion of the programme, however learners will be expected to have a minimum of Level 4 Certificate standard of education or equivalent together with a strong interest in the provision of quality care. It is essential that learners have competence in written and spoken English, along with computer literacy skills.
The programme will cater for a variety of adult learners ranging from school leavers with no previous experience in the healthcare sector to more mature adults with relevant life or work experience. Some of the latter will have previously had some education and training in healthcare. More mature adults will frequently be seeking new career opportunities, be working in the home or currently working in the healthcare sector. These will tend to opt for the part-time learning route to achieving the award. The programme will be open to both male and female learners although male participants will be in the minority.
Healthcare Support QQI Award (Major) Level 5 – 5M4339
Continuous assessment including work-based assignments, projects, skills demonstrations and learner records. Exam based modules are listed beside each module on the course structure page.
Learners are required to obtain a minimum of 150 hours work experience during the course and are expected to carry out some of the assignments in the workplace.
It is possible to gain exemptions from certain components of the course. If you already hold a QQI, or any Childcare/Healthcare Award, please contact us for details and will advise you of available exemptions.
Healthcare Assistant, Carer, Care Worker; Progression to further education.
- This programme leads to a level 5 award on the National Framework of Qualifications
- Learners can progress to relevant level 6 programs on the National Framework of Qualifications
In compliance with Section 43 of the Qualifications (Education and Training) Act 1999, where Chevron Training and Recruitment Ltd. offers training programmes of 3 months duration or more, Learner Protection cover is in place via bank bond, should Chevron Training & Development Ltd cease to provide QQI programmes before learners have completed awards.
*This price does not apply to funding applicants.