Online QQI SNA Courses
Level 5 Modules
- Special Needs Assisting (5N1786)
- Children with Additional Needs (5N2396)
- Cost: €495 or 3 x €165 instalments
Level 6 Modules
- Special Needs Assisting (6N1957)
- Cost: €295 or 2 x €150 instalments
Why Choose Chevron?
- Ireland’s most competitively priced online courses
- Study at your own pace
- No hidden costs – 100% transparency on course fees
- Flexible easy pay instalment plans available to all learners
- Highly qualified & accessible full time in-house tutors
- Individual modules are available from €295
- Rapid Garda vetting service provided
- Start course as soon as enrolment is completed
- Payment is completed over the phone
Total Price is €650*
- or easy pay instalments of 5 x €150
QQI Level 5 & 6 SNA Courses Online
- QQI accredited course
- Distance learning course
- Theory is 100% online
- You will be assigned a highly qualified full time in-house tutor, whom you can contact through phone or email
- Additional support on our online forum
- 20 hours of work experience per module required, in total a minimum of 60 hours for the Level 5 & 6 SNA course
- You are required to find your own work placement
- Rapid Garda vetting and work placement insurance service provided at no extra cost
- Continuous assessment through work-based assignments, projects, skills demonstrations and learner records
- After successfully completing this course, you will be qualified to work as a special needs assistant in a primary and secondary school, with children with special educational needs
Our QQI Special Needs Assistant Online courses (QQI SNA Courses) can be fully completed through our distance learning method with excellent tutor support.
As our learner, you will be issued with a username and password to access the course materials, so you can complete the childcare course at your own convenience.
During the course you are fully supported by our full time in-house & highly qualified tutors, who are available to answer any of your questions & queries by both email and phone. Additional support is also provided through our online forums, where peer to peer discussions are facilitated.
The purpose of the Online QQI Level 5 & 6 Special Needs Assistant courses (SNA courses) is to equip you with the knowledge, skills and competence in the practices and principles underpinning the role of a Special Needs Assistant, to enable you to work effectively under direction in a special needs assisting capacity.
No particular skills, knowledge or competence will be required of you for successful completion of this course. However you will be expected to have a minimum of Level 4 Certificate standard of education or equivalent together with a strong interest in the provision of quality care and education for children, this is not mandatory. It is essential that you have competence in written and spoken English, along with computer literacy skills.
Learners who wish to pursue a career as a Special Needs Assistant
Continuous assessment including work-based assignments, projects, skills demonstrations and learner records. No written exams are required for these modules.
Learners are required to obtain a minimum of 20 hours work experience per module with students or children with Special Educational Needs.
Recognition of prior learning can only by sought if the learner is working towards a major award
Work as an SNA in ECCE, Primary level or Second level. Progression to Further Education. Progression to 3rd Level education.
Learners can progress to the level 5 major award in ECCE on the National Framework of Qualifications
In compliance with Qualifications and Quality Assurance (Education and Training) Act 2012 Part 6, where Chevron Training & Recruitment Ltd offers training programmes of 3 months duration or more, Learner Protection cover is in place via relevant financial product, should Chevron Training & Recruitment Ltd cease to provide QQI programmes before learners have completed awards.
* This price does not apply to funding applicants.