Online QQI L5 Childcare Course
- Communications (5N0690)
- Child Development (Exam) (5N1764)
- Child Health & Well Being (5N1765)
- Early Childhood Education & Play (5N1773)
- Early Care & Education Practice (5N1770)
- Work Experience (5N1356)
Electives (Learners must complete 2 of the 6 electives)
Why Choose Chevron?
- Ireland’s most competitively priced online courses
- Study anywhere, anytime – 100% online
- No hidden costs – 100% transparency on course fees
- Flexible easy pay instalment plans available to all learners
- Highly qualified & accessible full time in-house tutors
- Individual modules are available from €295
- On average it takes 4-6 weeks to complete each module
- Rapid Garda vetting service provided
- Start course as soon as enrolment is completed
Total price for 8 modules is €895*
- or easy pay instalments of 6 x €199
QQI Level 5 Childcare Course Online
Chevron Training’s QQI Level 5 Childcare Online course can be fully completed through our distance learning method with excellent tutor support.
As our learner, you will be issued with a username and password to access the course materials, so you can complete the childcare course at your own convenience.
During the course you are fully supported by our full time in-house & highly qualified tutors, who are available to answer any of your questions & queries by both email and phone. Additional support is also provided through our online forums, where peer to peer discussions are facilitated.
Each learner will complete the assessments which are required to attain the QQI Level 5 award.
The purpose of this programme is to equip you as our learner with the skill, knowledge and competence required to work under supervision and independently in a range of Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) setting and/or to progress to higher education and training.
No particular skills, knowledge or competence will be required of our learners for successful completion of the programme. However you will be expected to have a minimum of Level 4 Certificate standard of education or equivalent together with a strong interest in the provision of quality care and education for children, this is not mandatory. It is essential that you have competence in written and spoken English, along with computer literacy skills.
The programme will cater for a variety of adult learners ranging from school leavers with no previous experience in the ECCE sector to more mature adults with relevant life or work experience. Some of the latter will have previously had some education and training in childcare. More mature adults will frequently be seeking new career opportunities, be working in the home or currently working in the childcare sector. These will tend to opt for the part-time learning route to achieving the award. The programme will be open to both male and female learners.
Early Childhood Care and Education QQI Award (Major) Level 5 – 5M2009 further education and training.
Continuous assessment including work-based assignments, projects, skills demonstrations and learner records. Exam based modules are listed beside each module on the course structure page.
You are required to obtain a minimum of 150 hours work experience during the course and are expected to carry out some of the assignments in the workplace.
It is possible to gain exemptions from certain components of the course. If you already hold a QQI, or any Childcare/Healthcare Award, please contact us for details and we will advise you of available exemptions.
Childcare Practitioner; Childminding; Progression to further education.
- You can progress to our QQI Level 6 Childcare course
- Students who successfully complete the QQI Level 5 Childcare course can use their credits towards completing a third level degree programme through the higher education links scheme.
In compliance with Qualifications and Quality Assurance (Education and Training) Act 2012 Part 6, where Chevron Training and Recruitment Ltd. offers training programmes of 3 months duration or more, Learner Protection cover is in place via bank bond, should Chevron Training & Development Ltd cease to provide QQI programmes before learners have completed awards.