Online QQI L6 Childcare Course
- Child Development (6N1942)
- Early Childhood Curriculum (6N1944)
- Childhood Social Legal & Health Studies (6N1945)
- Work Experience (6N1946)
- Communications (6N1950)
Elective Modules (Learners must complete 3):
Why Choose Chevron?
- Ireland’s most competitively priced online courses
- Study anywhere, anytime
- No hidden costs – 100% transparency on course fees
- Flexible easy pay instalment plans available to all learners
- Highly qualified & accessible full time in-house tutors
- Individual modules are available from €295
- Rapid Garda vetting service provided
- Start course as soon as enrolment is completed
- Payments are completed over the phone
Total Price is €895*
- or easy pay instalments of 6 x €199
QQI Level 6 Childcare Course Online
- QQI accredited course
- Distance learning course
- Theory is 100% online
- Classroom skill session & in-house examinations
- 150 notional learning hours
- You will be assigned a highly qualified full time in-house tutor, whom you can contact through phone or email
- Additional support on our online forum
- Minimum of Level 5 Childcare as entry requirement
- 20 hours of work experience per module required, in total a minimum of 150 hours for this major award
- You are required to find your own work placement
- Rapid Garda vetting and work placement insurance service provided at no extra cost
- One exam based module; Other modules are continuous assessment through work-based assignments, projects, skills demonstrations and learner records
- After successfully completing this course, you will be qualified to work as a childcare practitioner on supervisory level.
Chevron Training’s QQI Level 6 Childcare Online course can be completed through our distance learning method with excellent tutor support.
As our learner, you will be issued with a username and password to access the course materials, so you can complete the course at your convenience.
During the course you are fully supported by our full time in-house & highly qualified tutors, who are available to answer any of your questions & queries by both email and phone. Additional support is also provided through our online forums, where peer to peer discussions are facilitated.
Each learner will complete the assessments which are required to attain the QQI Level 6 award.
The purpose of this award is to enable you to acquire the knowledge, skills and competence to work as an autonomous practitioner and or take responsibility for the work of others in leading and coordinating the provision of a quality early childhood care and education environment which promotes children’s well-being, development and learning. This award will provide you with opportunities to transfer and progress to programmes leading to higher education and training awards.
Minimum Level 5 Certificate – relevant life or work experience may also be accepted. Competence in written and spoken English essential.
The course will cater for a variety of adult learners with a minimum Level 5 Certificate/ Ordinary Level Leaving Certificate standard of education. Learners should have previously have completed a Level 5 award in Childcare and may have experience in working in ECCE settings but this will not be mandatory. Younger participants will tend to complete the course by the full-time method. Some mature adults will be seeking new career opportunities or be working in the home but many will be already working in the sector and either already be in supervisory positions or aspire to such positions. These will tend to opt for the part-time learning route to achieving the award. The course will be open to both male and female learners although male participants will be in the minority. It will also attract learners from a variety of cultural backgrounds.
Early Childhood Care and Education QQI Award (Major) Level 6 – 6M2007
Continuous assessment including work-based assignments, projects, skills demonstrations and learner records. One exam is required for the Child Development module.
You are required to obtain a minimum of 150 hours work experience during the course and are expected to carry out some of the assignments in the workplace.
It is possible to gain exemptions from certain components of the course. If you already hold a QQI certificate, or any Childcare/Healthcare Award, please contact us for details and will advise you of available exemptions.
Childcare Practitioner – Supervisor Level; Progression to 3rd Level education.
- Learners can progress to our BA Hons in Early Childhood Studies
- This course leads to a level 6 award on the National Framework of Qualifications
- Students who successfully complete the QQI Level 6 Childcare course can use their credits towards completing a third level degree course through the higher education links scheme
In compliance with Qualifications and Quality Assurance (Education and Training) Act 2012 Part 6, where Chevron Training and Recruitment Ltd. offers training programmes of 3 months duration or more, Learner Protection cover is in place via relevant financial product, should Chevron Training & Recruitment Ltd cease to provide QQI programmes before learners have completed awards.
* This price does not apply to funding applicants.