Online QQI L6 Childcare Course
- Child Development (6N1942)
- Early Childhood Curriculum (6N1944)
- Childhood Social Legal & Health Studies (6N1945)
- Work Experience (6N1946)
- Communications (6N1950)
Electives (Learners must complete 3)
Why Choose Chevron?
- Ireland’s most competitively priced online courses
- Study anywhere, anytime – 100% online
- No hidden costs – 100% transparency on course fees
- Flexible easy pay instalment plans available to all learners
- Highly qualified & accessible full time in-house tutors
- Individual modules are available from €295
- On average it takes 4-6 weeks to complete each module
- Rapid Garda vetting service provided
- Start course as soon as enrolment is completed
Total price for 8 modules is €895*
- or easy pay instalments of 6 x €199
QQI Level 6 Childcare Course Online
Chevron Training’s QQI Level 6 Childcare Online course can be completed through our distance learning method with excellent tutor support.
Each learner is issued with an email consisting of a username and password to access the course materials so they can complete the course at their convenience.
For any difficulties which may arise during the course you can call one of our highly qualified trainers who will assist you with any concerns relating to the course content in addition to this you will also be assigned an online tutor who will answer all queries you may have in relation to the course. The online forums offer additional support to our learners as our trainers will answer all the questions which are posted on the forum.
Each learner will complete the assessments which are required to attain the QQI Level 6 award.
The purpose of this award is to enable the learner to acquire the knowledge, skill and competence to work as an autonomous practitioner and or take responsibility for the work of others in leading and coordinating the provision of a quality early childhood care and education environment which promotes children’s well-being, development and learning. This award will provide learners with opportunities to transfer and progress to Programmes leading to higher education and training awards.
Minimum Level 5 Certificate – relevant life or work experience may also be accepted. Competence in written and spoken English essential.
The programme will cater for a variety of adult learners with a minimum Level 5 Certificate/ Ordinary Level Leaving Certificate standard of education. Learners should have previously have completed a Level 5 award in Childcare and may have experience in working in ECCE settings but this will not be mandatory. Younger participants will tend to complete the programme by the full-time method. Some mature adults will be seeking new career opportunities or be working in the home but many will be already working in the sector and either already be in supervisory positions or aspire to such positions. These will tend to opt for the part-time learning route to achieving the award. The programme will be open to both male and female learners although male participants will be in the minority. It will also attract learners from a variety of cultural backgrounds.
Early Childhood Care and Education QQI Award (Major) Level 6 – 6M2007
Continuous assessment including work-based assignments, projects, Skills Demonstrations and learner records. One exam is required for the Child Development module.
Learners are required to obtain a minimum of 150 hours work experience during the course and are expected to carry out some of the assignments in the workplace.
It is possible to gain exemptions from certain components of the course. If you already hold a QQI certificate, or any Childcare/Healthcare Award, please contact us for details and will advise you of available exemptions.
Childcare Practitioner-Supervisor Level; Progression to 3rd Level education.
- Learners can progress to our BA Hons in Early Childhood Studies
- This programme leads to a level 6 award on the National Framework of Qualifications
- Students who successfully complete the QQI Level 6 Childcare course can use their credits towards completing a third level degree programme through the higher education links scheme
In compliance with Qualifications and Quality Assurance (Education and Training) Act 2012 Part 6, where Chevron Training and Recruitment Ltd. offers training programmes of 3 months duration or more, Learner Protection cover is in place via bank bond, should Chevron Training & Development Ltd cease to provide Fetac programmes before learners have completed awards.
* This price does not apply to funding applicants.