Activities of Living Patient Care Module
We are now offering a certified Online QQI Level 5 Activities of Living Patient Care module. This online module, which will lead to Activities of Living Patient Care QQI Award (Component) Level 5 – further education and training will provide you with the knowledge, skills and competence to coordinate activities in a variety of healthcare settings.
The QQI Level 5 Activities of Living Patient Care module is delivered by a subject matter expert who is vastly experienced in the healthcare domain and in the delivery of training courses in this subject area.
The purpose of the QQI Level 5 Healthcare course is to equip you with the knowledge, skills and competence to provide holistic care for older people in a variety of care settings working under the direction and supervision of nursing and/or midwifery staff.
- Project 40%
- Skills Demonstration 60%
- Discuss a range of work practices in the provision of individualised holistic care for clients to include knowledge of the factors influencing the activities of living
- Analyse the activities of living to include the five main concepts of the model of living and the role of a healthcare assistant in utilising the activities of living
- Summarise the principles of maintaining a safe and hygienic environment to include knowledge of infection, accident, fire and problems with sensory deprivation
- Implement a range of tasks carried out when caring for a patient in a safe environment to include effective communication skills
- Employ the skills of a healthcare assistant in providing care for patients to include an awareness of the importance of nutrition, elimination, fluid balance, weight reporting and correct technique for catheter bag use
- Practise skills involved in pressure area care, personal hygiene, foot care, patient temperature, mobilisation and urinalysis
- Demonstrate competence in a range of care techniques to include observations, manual and electronic counting, recording and reporting of pulse rate, breathing habit and blood pressure
- Work independently and as part of a healthcare team to respond appropriately to the needs of a client in a care setting.
Total price of our Activities of Living Patient Care Module is €295
- or easy pay instalments available